Lively Living Australia is a vast online store that specialises in the sale and distribution of organic essential oils and aroma diffuser products and has been operating out of the Gold Coast for more than 15 years as one of Australia’s leading brands in the aroma diffuser market.🌸
In the past, Lively Living invested in multiple website projects which all resulted in a series of issues relating to speed, search engine optimisations (SEO) and store usability.
The company’s previous websites were slow, making a less than perfect shopping experience.
Additionally, Lively Living has retail and wholesale customers around Australia and all online processing of large wholesale-based orders were done manually over phone or email.
The final challenge for Lively Living was packing and sorting. Lively Living has agreements with multiple shipping vendors like Couriers Please, Fastways and more. All the old websites used by Lively Living had a very simple plugin integration meaning that during checkout, the customer was presented with many shipping options.
Lively Living wanted better control over the flow of orders, particularly wholesale orders, and required more customised rules. For example:
- Always display the cheapest shipping option for wholesalers and retail purchases.
- If an order is being shipped to certain postcodes/suburbs, then it should attract an additional fee.
- If an order contained a specific amount of diffusers, then it should attract an additional fee.
- If the order was to be sent to a specific location, only display certain shipping methods (because some couriers would take too long to reach certain regions).
To combat these issues, iOnline developed a custom-coded website designed for improved speed and efficiency, and the theme being handcrafted according to the custom design provided by the creative team at Lively Living.
The theme was secure, fast and responsive – ensuring maximum selling potential for the site.
The site has a combination of off-the-shelf plugins to facilitate additional sales, including:
- AbandonCart – if you click away from the cart during checkout, an automated email reminder is sent 1, 3 and 24 hours later to prompt you to continue your purchase.
- Wholesale Ordering – ability to provide a full wholesale management system where different types of members can purchase stock in-bulk in an easy to use ‘spreadsheet’ type view which is optimised for wholesalers.
- Integrated shop and email marketing campaign tools like MailChimp to allow for mailing to customers post purchase.
- SEO-optimisation provided for blogs to direct more web traffic to the website.
iOnline also developed a custom plugin that is 100% unique to Lively Living’s ordering requirements. This system allows the owners of the site to set up any number of courier vendors, set up rules to charge specific amounts with those vendors, allows for the generation of shipping and consignment labels in real time, and also allows for more accurate tracking of orders for customers.
Approximately one month after iOnline’s suggested solutions were implemented, Lively Living saw...
increase in wholesaler purchases
increase in website traffic
boost in email subscriptions