Fresh Linen Services provide a range of linen products (such as towels, bathroom, bedroom, sheets and pillows) for hire to professional businesses, including hotels located around the Gold Coast region, AirBNB hosts and more.
Their linen hire service cleans, supplies and organises the delivery of linen items to and from hotels and residences, and is able to access all the linen inventory and professional cleaning services required by hotels and residential accommodation services.
In the linen industry, everything is done manually as there is no automated system or electronic management, which means customer inventory (who has what on which order) is done manually through Excel spreadsheets and out-dated business processes.
This makes it difficult to keep track of information, such as which customer has what, for how long, what to charge for services, what do to do with damaged or missing inventory, and all basic reporting.
iOnline met with the stakeholders at Fresh Linen to discuss their challenges and devised a series of practical solutions formulated over multiple meetings.
- Fitting all inventory with a RFID Chip to help with product tracking.
- iOnline would assist the Fresh Linen team in procuring a RFID scanner.
- Creating a web application that allows Fresh Linen to increase customers, products and orders and scan linen inventory to these orders.
- Providing accurate reporting to the Fresh Linen team on all orders and inventory.
- iOnline to review all detailed technical documentation regarding the RFID Scanner and associated cloud platform.
- iOnline to develop a completely custom web application that would:
- Develop the API infrastructure to remotely connect to the RFID
- Allow Fresh Linen to log in securely to their custom portal
- Add, edit and remove users and staff
- Allow the addition of any type of linen product category and linen product
- Allow the import of all customers and contact details from XERO into this system
- Allow Fresh Linen to scan inventory and associate it with a product type
- Allow Fresh Linen to scan inventory and associate it with an order
- Allow Fresh Linen to export scans into a desired format for further analysis
- Provide base reporting to the Fresh Linen team on who has what inventory and for what period of time.
- Allow mailouts of PDF invoices to customers
Following the implementation of iOnline’s proposed solutions, Fresh Linen Services was able to:
Implement one of the world’s largest suppliers of printers, RFID scanners and POS accounting systems, Zebra, due to sourcing by iOnline.
Obtain a suitable RFID Scanner which helped to track and map inventory flow after iOnline liaised with Zebra’s engineering team to confirm the hardware was suitable.
Increase orders by 25%, based on the number of orders made in the same period the previous year.