Did you know Google My Business (GMB)
had a messaging feature?
This messaging feature allows google searchers to message/text with your business directly from your Knowledge Panel in search results (shows up as Message and send a message– both on mobile and desktop), and in Maps (as Message and send a message). Enabling this feature would mean customers can send their questions to you immediately and get a response from your business.
Should Your Business Use This Feature?
The answer to this is going to differ for every business owner and business types. If you have the staff and ability to respond quickly to a chat enquiry and if it makes sense for your business, then this feature may be ideal for you. Two-way messaging can improve a customer’s experience, particularly if it’s a customer that does not want to call to ask a quick question and text is their preferred communication method.
If you are not going to be readily available to answer messages for your business and the response time will be delayed, this isn’t an ideal feature for you. This is an “on-demand” type of features which then means expectations for a quick response time will be high.
*The Messaging feature is not available for all countries or listings, so if you don’t see it for your business, you may have to wait to gain access.
What you should know about the Messaging feature:
How to Setup Google My Business Messaging Feature:
- To enable this Messaging feature you have to download the Google My Business App from Google Play store and the Apple App Store.
- Then you need to log into your GMB account.
- If you have multiple locations attached to your account, click the top business name that appears when you login, and select the business that you want to manage/turn on messaging for.
- Then you need to tap Customers -> then select Messages on the top bar -> then Turn On (if you don’t see the turn-on slider right away you may need to click the little “more” icon in the top right corner of the App, and go into Messaging settings).
- Messaging is now live and active.
See more How To's on Google My Business
Google My Business has a posting feature which allows you to engage with searchers directly in SERP’s (Google Search Engine Results Pages) and on Google Maps. Better yet this is a totally free
The reality is that videos engage your audience a lot better than text or a static image. Latest evidence shows that nearly 50% of internet
Create a Listing on Google My Business So we will take you through a few ways on how to create or claim your Google My