SEO is essential for any business website and is vital for greater searchability and visibility, among many other benefits. Local SEO isn’t so much about optimising your website for national visibility but more on a regional scale. This means that local SEO prioritises ranking in search engines result pages (SERPs) in a particular location as opposed to nationally.
Why Is It So Important To Focus On Local SEO?
Every business aims to market its products and services to its target audiences. When your website is optimised for local SEO, there’s a higher chance of increasing your web traffic, leads, and conversion rates purely because your digital marketing strategy is focused on local customers. With a local SEO strategy, you’re competing less with larger national brands with huge marketing budgets, giving you an added advantage in your locality.
Investing In A ‘Google My Business’ Account For Successful Local SEO
One of the essential tasks to perform in relation to your business SEO strategy is to firstly optimise your Business Profile, or more commonly known as your Google listing. By so doing, you have a greater chance of increasing your ranking on Google Maps and broaden your visibility on local search results. Firstly, you need a Google My Business account associated with your Google listing profile. Once you’ve added all the information to your Google My Business account, this information will be included in your Google listing.
Optimisation Tips for Your Google Business Profile
- Create a Google My Business account with a verified business ownership
- Make sure all your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Include your business logo, payment methods, hours of operation, your offerings, and other enticing images relevant to your business
- Ask your customers to review your business online
- Make sure you respond to customer reviews
- On the Google My Business dashboard, make sure you publish posts such as product launches, upcoming events, and other special offers to your Business Profile
There are many ways of optimising your local SEO for a greater impact on your website. These include:
- Optimise for Voice Search
- Creating content based on local news and events
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
- Take advantage of local based keywords
- Focus on Location Pages
It is vital to take local SEO seriously if you truly want to be a highly successful local business. You want your immediate customers in your locality to know that you’re always there for them.
Local SEO can help you establish and foster better relationships with your key target markets and reach a wider audience. It can also assist in improving the overall customer experience, increase your web presence and authority and drive more people to your site.
Local SEO Brisbane, when done properly, has the power to give you a strong competitive edge over the competition and potentially increase conversions, equating to more sales, an abundance of loyal customers, and increased growth for your business.
At iOnline, we can help you with all your local SEO needs. Get in touch with us today!